Stamford American School's Vision and Guiding Statements will guide our work in fulfilling our vision of becoming the leading American and international school in Hong Kong, achieving excellence in education and promoting consistent values throughout our community.
- As a school community, we will continually strive to provide the best teaching and learning experiences for all so that each individual achieves more than they believe they can
- We will celebrate our academic, sports and service accomplishments so that individuals and groups are recognized locally, nationally and globally
- We will become a leader in American international education in Hong Kong and achieve a global reputation for excellence and academic rigor.
At Stamford American School Hong Kong we will:
- Maintain high standards of academic progress, achievement and performance including preparation for admission to competitive universities in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Develop students as distinguished learners in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Innovation.
- Guide all to be inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, risk-takers, balanced, caring and reflective.
- Create an environment in our schools where all feel safe and secure and can thrive.
- Develop students who are fluent in the Chinese language or Spanish language as well as in English, the language of instruction.
- Instill in students confidence and an enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
- Develop future leaders with active and innovative minds.
- Develop internationally minded citizens by fostering multicultural and intercultural interaction.
- Encourage all to become responsible contributing citizens of the school and within a global context.
- Celebrate diversity and build an understanding of, and respect for, different value systems and cultures.
- Promote critical understanding and compassion for others and the courage to act based on one’s beliefs.
- Address a variety of learning needs including English as an Additional Language, native language support, special needs support, enrichment and counseling so that each individual can achieve success.
- Recruit, retain and professionally develop leading American and international teachers and educators for our school.
- Be a reflective and thoughtful community seeking input from a variety of resources to successfully guide our progress.
- Continue to develop a welcoming community that supports happy and passionate staff, students and parents.