AN INSPIRING WORLD OF EDUCATION: Building self-belief and empowering individuals to succeed.
At Stamford American School Hong Kong we will:
- Continue to develop a caring community that engages and supports happy and passionate staff, students and parents.
- Ensure strong safeguarding policies and procedures are in place to promote health, safety and wellness, so all students feel safe, happy and are eager to learn.
- Be a reflective and thoughtful community that listens to feedback and seeks input from a variety of resources to successfully guide our progress.
- Foster curiosity and a passion for learning through an inquiry-based approach.
- Support the holistic development of students by providing a broad and balanced curriculum and diverse CCA programs.
- Personalize learning so all students achieve growth to become confident and capable independent lifelong learners.
- Develop a global mindset in all students as part of the IB Learner profile which includes: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, risk-takers, balanced, caring and reflective.
- Cultivate compassion, intercultural understanding and respect among students through service learning and initiatives that contribute to a better world.
- Maintain high standards of academic progress, achievement and performance including preparation for admission to competitive universities in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Support multiple career pathways by offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, IBDP Course Candidate option and the Stamford American High School Diploma to all students.
- Cultivate students as future leaders in science, technology, engineering, math and innovation.
- Support students to achieve the highest possible proficiency in the world languages of Chinese or Spanish as well as in English, the language of instruction.
- Support a variety of learning needs including English as an additional language, native language support, special needs support, enrichment and counseling so that each individual can achieve success.
- Recruit, retain and professionally develop experienced globally-minded educators who are experts in their area.