Stamford American School's Vision and Guiding Statements will guide our work in fulfilling our vision of becoming the leading American and international school in Hong Kong, achieving excellence in education and promoting consistent values throughout our community.
- As a school community, we will continually strive to provide the best teaching and learning experiences for all so that we create an inspiring world of education, building self-belief and empowering individuals to succeed.
- We will celebrate our academic, sports and service accomplishments so that individuals and groups are recognized locally, nationally and globally.
- We will become a leader in American international education in Hong Kong and achieve a global reputation for excellence and academic rigor.
At Stamford American School Hong Kong we will:
- Continue to develop a caring community that engages and supports happy and passionate staff, students and parents.
- Ensure strong safeguarding policies and procedures are in place to promote health, safety and wellness, so all students feel safe, happy and are eager to learn.
- Be a reflective and thoughtful community that listens to feedback and seeks input from a variety of resources to successfully guide our progress.
- Foster curiosity and a passion for learning through an inquiry-based approach.
- Support the holistic development of students by providing a broad and balanced curriculum and diverse CCA programs.
- Personalize learning so all students achieve growth to become confident and capable independent lifelong learners.
- Develop a global mindset in all students as part of the IB Learner profile which includes: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, risk-takers, balanced, caring and reflective.
- Cultivate compassion, intercultural understanding and respect among students through service learning and initiatives that contribute to a better world.
- Maintain high standards of academic progress, achievement and performance including preparation for admission to competitive universities in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Support multiple career pathways by offering the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, IBDP Course Candidate option and the Stamford American High School Diploma to all students.
- Cultivate students as future leaders in science, technology, engineering, math and innovation.
- Support students to achieve the highest possible proficiency in the world languages of Chinese or Spanish as well as in English, the language of instruction.
- Support a variety of learning needs including English as an additional language, native language support, special needs support, enrichment and counseling so that each individual can achieve success.
- Recruit, retain and professionally develop experienced globally-minded educators who are experts in their area.