An extensive look at the IB Diploma Program
This session of Stamford Talks will be focusing on the IBDP program (International Baccalaureate Diploma Program). The IBDP program officially begins for students in Grade 11, however, there is a lot of preparation prior to Grade 11 to ensure both acceptance into and success in this academically rigorous program. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about the mission and values of the IB and how these are expressed at Stamford, as well as an overview of how the middle school and high school curriculum prepares your child for the IBDP.
When deciding if the IBDP is right for your child, there are many considerations to take into account beyond academic, and understanding the program as well as the entry requirements is an important first step.
This Stamford information session will help parents understand the core elements of the IBDP and what is expected of students before and after acceptance into the program, as well as paths post-graduation.
The session will cover:
- A broad overview of the IBDP
- Academic and non-academic requirements for entry
- Required courses and electives
- Skills needed for students to be successful in the program
- IB Learner Profile Attributes
- Tips for parents to help prepare their child for the IBDP program
- Learning that supports IB entry
- What can parents expect after graduation
- This session is open to all parents who want to learn more about the IB Diploma Program and how they can help prepare their child(ren) for this program.
Due to the popularity of this topic, we are offering two sessions:
|Campus**||12:45 PM - 1:15 PM School Tour|
|1:15 PM - 2:00 PM IBDP Session|
|Admissions Office||6:00 PM - 7:30 PM IBDP Session|
** Parents can come at 12:45 PM for a school tour & IBDP session or at 1:15 PM for just the IBDP session.
Campus: 25 Man Fuk Road, Ho Man Tin, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Admissions Office: Suites 4005-07, Level 40, Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong